It’s a strange, but nice feeling to be nominated for an award. I would like to thank Ariffa writer of the blog Hope, Honor, and Happiness . It’s really an honor, and something I never would have expected after blogging for only a year so far. Thank you, again.
In this post, I will answer Ariffa’s questions for me, as well as nominate other blogs for the award and make my own questions. This post is not about teaching, but recognizing talent seen within a few individuals.
Rules to follow:
- Link back and recognize the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the ten questions given to you by your nominator
- Nominate ten other bloggers for the award
- Create ten questions for your nominees to answer
- Notify your nominees
Here are Hope, Honor, and Happiness‘s questions for myself (and the other nominees):
1) Why did you feel the need to start a blog?
I started my blog because I have a voice. I wanted to have a place where I can share my opinions, facts and other ideas with people all over the world. I felt like after four years of teaching ESL, that I can write solidly about the topic and the issues ESL education faces.
2) Sunsets or Sunrises?
Hmm… I prefer sunsets. I can gaze upon a beautiful sunset, see the vivid colors in the sky and reflect upon the days’ events. I find solace in seeing a sunset.
3) What is the last good movie that you have seen?
The last good movie I saw was a Japanese movie called Yellow Elephant. It’s a cute, funny, serious, and romantic drama that centers around a young Japanese couple who live in the countryside. I recommend that people watch it.
4) How would you describe compassion?
“Compassion”, in my mind, is loving others as much as yourself and helping them out regardless of who they are or where they come from. It’s a hard thing to practice sometimes but I feel that everyone deserves to be treated with compassion and dignity.
5) What is your favorite animal and why?
My favorite animal has always been the Cheetah. It’s a very fast, sleek “big” cat. I also love the spotted coats they have and their cubs are so cute!
6) What is your favorite movie quote?
My favorite movie quote… It’s hard to choose just one. One quote that has stuck with me is from the movie, Life of Pi. It goes like this:
Adult Pi Patel: Faith is a house with many rooms.
Writer: But no room for doubt?
Adult Pi Patel: Oh plenty, on every floor. Doubt is useful, it keeps faith a living thing. After all, you cannot know the strength of your faith until it is tested.
I’m not a religious person but I do find this movie inspiring and takes the issue of religion the right way – in that it doesn’t push it on you but presents it and lets you decide for yourself.
7) What is your ideal vacation?
I’d love to spend a year or so travelling around Europe, and hang out with the locals. I don’t care much for the big tourist traps, but give me a good restaurant or local pub where I can meet the locals, and I’m happy.
8) What was your childhood dream?
My childhood dream was to become a doctor.
9) If you could have a superpower, what would it be and why?
I’d love to have the healing ability and senses/skills of Wolverine from the X-Men. I’ve always loved his character and mutant powers.
10) What and when was the last book you read?
The last book I read was called Heaven’s Net is Wide, by the author Lian Hearn. It’s a historical fiction novel set in a feudal Japanese-like world. It’s the first in a series of five books that details the line of this noble family, the Otori.
Well there you have it! These ten bloggers really know their stuff and bring a lot to the table. Some blog about education, others poetry. They discuss life, love, various opinions and art. They’re all talented bloggers in my opinion and I wish them luck!
To my nominees, here are my questions:
1. What was the last thing you ate?
2. Do you ever get bored with blogging? Why or why not?
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
4. Where is one place you would never go? Why?
5. What seemingly insignificant thing drives you crazy?
6. What is one thing you like but your friends don’t?
7. If you could say one sentence to everyone around the world at once, what would you say?
8. Whom do you look up to?
9. What is your secret obsession?
10. If the world ended tomorrow, and you knew it, how would you spend today?