A nice friendly reminder about nouns and noun usage.
A Noun can be defined as:
A word used to identify a class of people, places, or things. They can be used to name a particular one of these and is called a proper noun in this case. See this post for a explanation of a noun. However a noun can have three different properties; Number, Gender and Case.
Most nouns change their form to indicate number by adding “-s” or “-es”:
- When Bob was small he rarely read a book.
- Most people don’t read books.
- In the cave there was an unexpected echo.
- I love to hear the echoes that return when I shout.
- He saw a fox running across the road.
- In the countryside there are many foxes.
Other plural forms for nouns are:
Wharf becomes wharves. (F is deleted and –ves added)
City becomes Cities (Y is deleted and…
View original post 661 more words