(Photo credit http://bit.ly/Z4pdwK)
If you read my other post a while ago about LEARNING TO READ is it the same in ESL?, then you will have a head start.
So I’m going to quickly go over the main points of the other post first. We learn to read using these four areas:
- Joining the sound to the shape
- Creating fluency with the connection between the sound and the shape
- Creating meaning from the sound and the shape
- Connecting that meaning to a previous meaningful experience
Okay, so that is reading, is writing any different? I’ll give you a minute to think.
…….Hum – de-dum-de-dum….okay finished? So what did you come up with?
Is it anything like this:
Learning to write in ESL requires all four of the points above + the addition of
- Formation: being able to physically hold a pencil and form the required letter
- Association: being…
View original post 244 more words