Rachel Appleby, writer of two levels of the new edition of International Express, takes us through several ready-made video activities designed to be used with International Express Pre-Intermediate Unit 10 – Selexyz bookstore, focusing on using ‘will’ to talk about the future, Zero Conditional, and 1st Conditional.
Before you watch
- Discussion in pairs
Before I play video in class, I find it useful to do plenty of lead-in activities to the topic. For example, you could start by giving students the following to discuss in pairs.
- Do you ever shop online? What do you buy?
- What are the benefits of shopping in real shops?
- Do you buy books or music online, or in shops?
- Do you think book and music shops will continue to exist in the future? Why? Why not?
- Describe your favourite bookshop. Explain why you like it.
- Check key vocabulary
Tell the students they are…
View original post 817 more words