Long Vowel Simple Sight Word Lesson: ( Free worksheets.)
Do a lesson for each long vowel sound.
- Make cards for the words me, we, he, she.
- Copy the long vowel worksheets. Worksheet for long vowel E words Worksheet for long vowel I words Worksheet for ay long vowel words (You may want to do another lesson on AY words. may, say, day and a lesson for I words. I, hi, sky, fly, why)
- Locate the book: He Bear, She Bear by Stan and Jan Berenstain
Lesson: Rule: Vowels not followed by a consonant and end a syllable, especially the first syllable, are usually long.
- Discuss the rule.
- Read together all the word cards.
- Read the story He Bear, She Bear by Stan and Jan Berenstain.
- Do the worksheet together. Write the letter to finish the word and review the sound, combine the consonant with the long vowel and sound out the word…
View original post 100 more words