I’m always on the lookout to find ways to get my ESL (English as a Second Language) students to speak more. In particular, I look for activities that…
- Are quick and easy to set up.
- Are usable for any # of students, including even or odd numbers of students.
- Allow students to use authentic language.
- Give students enough conversation time.
- Are easily adjusted for difficulty.
I’ve found an activity that fits the bill. A modified version of “Find Your Partner”. Here’s how it works.
- Pass out a short text (article or story) to each student. Some are duplicates.
- Tell the students to read the text and make sure they understand it. They cannot write anything down or share it with other students.
- When done, the students write their names on the text and return them.
- Now the students must find the person(s) who read the same text.
- When they think…
View original post 184 more words