My previous post was about self-reflection, and I challenged you to spend time reflecting upon your own life. If you haven’t had time yet, I strongly encourage you to make time this week. Well after my own contemplation, I would like to share some of my own conclusions – my strengths and weaknesses.
- I am a positive person.
- I am hard-working.
- I am willing to help my co-workers.
- I build strong relationships with my students.
- I try to teach to their needs as best as I can.
- My classroom management skills aren’t consistent.
- I tend to be softer on girls than boys for the same behavior.
- I may speak too quickly, or spend too much time on extra information, rather than focus on the main lesson.
- I may not give enough attention to students with special needs.
- My lessons aren’t always engaging for my students.
My Plan for Change
- I will try to collaborate with my co-workers more often to create more engaging lessons.
- I will try to pay more attention to my students’ needs – especially those who need extra attention.
- I will try to be more fair in my treatment of boys and girls when they disrupt class.
- I will try to slow down my speech, explain concepts more clearly, and stick to the main lesson.
Now that I have shared some of my reflections, I encourage you to share yours (if you’re comfortable) in the comments!