How to Improve Your Reading Skills
A mini-lesson from Teacher Amanda
One way to improve your reading skills is simply to read as much as you can. But there are other strategies that can also help you. One of these is called PPPA. Let’s take a look.
Step 1: Preview
Specifically, look at these things:
- What is the title of the text, article, or book?
- Who is the author?
- When was it published?
- Are there subtitles or headers?
- Are there images or visuals?
- How long is the text?
After step one, you will know the basic information about what you are going to be reading and it will help you understand what it is.
Step 2: Pre-Read
- Read the first and last paragraphs.
- Read the first line or two in every paragraph.
This step will help you better understand what the rest of the reading is going to be…
View original post 242 more words